Invisalign – Oak Cliff, TX
How Does Invisalign Work?
If you want to perfect a smile with gapped, crowded, or crooked teeth, you may think that metal bracket and wire braces are your only option. However, at Kessler Park Dental in Oak Cliff, we offer a crystal-clear alternative – Invisalign orthodontics. Rather than brackets and wires, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to shift teeth into the ideal alignment without adversely impacting the appearance of your smile or limiting your diet. If you’re ready to find out more about invisibly straightening your smile, call to schedule an Invisalign consultation appointment at Kessler Park Dental in Oak Cliff. We’ll walk you through all of your treatment options and help you to develop a treatment plan to deliver a healthy, flawlessly aligned smile quickly and comfortably.
Traditional braces use wires to place pressure on brackets that are affixed to the front surfaces of teeth to shift your smile into alignment. The entire process can take 18 to 36 months to complete. Invisalign performs the same treatment in just eight to eighteen months using a series of clear, plastic alignment trays. Each set of aligners is crafted to represent your smile positioned one step closer to the ideal alignment. Patients simply wear their alignment trays for two weeks at a time. Then, exchange the aligners for the next set in the series. Throughout treatment, you’ll visit us every six weeks to two months, so we can check to ensure your smile is progressing according to plan. We can easily adjust your treatment plan to ensure your smile progresses according to plan, allowing you to achieve your desired results.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits to orthodontic treatment using Invisalign clear braces, including:
- Speed – treatment can be completed in half the time that it takes to complete traditional bracket and wire orthodontic treatment.
- Comfort – without brackets and wires irritating soft tissue, Invisalign is significantly more comfortable than traditional orthodontic options.
- Minimal hassle – since you can remove your Invisalign trays during meals or to brush and floss, there’s no need to make changes to your diet or oral hygiene routine.
- Cosmetically flawless – you’ll be able to confidently share your smile in any situation with clear aligner trays, your smile will look beautiful throughout treatment.
Who Should Consider Invisalign?
No treatment is right for every patient, so before we begin your Invisalign orthodontic plan, we’ll want to take the time to consider a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your orthodontic alignment issues. Invisalign is best used when treating minor to moderate orthodontic issues like over, under, and crossbite.
- Patients whose schedules make frequent, lengthy orthodontist appointments inconvenient or impossible.
- Patients with severe sensitivity in the teeth, gums, or gag reflexes may find regular bracket and wire adjustments too uncomfortable.
- Those with severe allergies or sensitivities to metal will need to consider an alternative to traditional metal bracket and wire treatments, and Invisalign may be a great option.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Are you tired of hiding your misaligned teeth every time you speak, smile, or laugh? If so, you may be thinking about getting Invisalign in Dallas. Before moving forward with the process, you likely want to know how much your overall treatment will cost. Since the answer varies from patient to patient, the only way to find out is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Martinez. During your appointment, our team will explain which factors influence the total price and provide you with an accurate cost estimate based on your unique case.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Since every smile is unique, the overall cost of Invisalign in Dallas will vary significantly depending on several factors. Some of those elements include:
- The number of aligners needed. This depends on the extent and type of dental misalignment you have.
- Whether you’re straightening one arch or both. Logically speaking, straightening both the upper and lower teeth will cost more than straightening just one or the other.
- Your treatment compliance. You will have to pay more to replace an aligner if you lose one.
- Whether you need additional accessories. Some patients will need elastics or other accessories to ensure successful treatment.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Do-it-yourself clear aligner treatments like SmileDirectClub™ have become increasingly popular in recent years! Many people on a budget are often tempted to opt for these alternative methods because they’re cheaper. While SmileDirectClub™ usually costs around $2,000, Invisalign may cost anywhere between $3,000 to $8,000. However, it’s important to keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
DIY aligner companies provide little to no oversight from a dental professional. As a result, plenty of things can go wrong throughout the treatment process, leading to issues that will need to be corrected by a professional anyway.
On the other hand, you can enjoy personalized support from our team throughout your Invisalign journey. Even though the overall price is higher, your aligners will be made from a patented material that’s designed for comfort and efficient tooth movements. Best of all, you can enjoy a smoother and more successful treatment process overall. Most people find that the quality is certainly worth every penny!
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Some dental insurance plans include coverage for orthodontic treatment, and Invisalign is usually included. Of course, you’ll need to check with your insurance provider to find out if your plan can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for treatment. If needed, our team will be more than happy to help you understand your coverage and maximize your benefits! You can also use your FSA or HAS to cover the cost of treatment instead.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Don’t have dental insurance? No problem! We offer additional financing options that can help make your dental bills much easier to manage, including:
- In-Office Membership Plan – For one annual fee, you can get preventive dental care and a significant discount on many other dental services, including Invisalign.
- CareCredit Financing – With this option, you can split up the total cost of your treatment into smaller, budget-friendly monthly installments. Additionally, since there are several low-to-interest plans to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find something that’ll fit your budget!
Are you interested in learning more about Invisalign in Dallas? Give our office a call and schedule a consultation today! We’ll discuss your financing options and create a treatment plan that works best for you.
Whether you are a new patient or a longtime friend at this point, our team is excited to be a part of your journey to achieving your smile goals. If you are ready to schedule your initial consultation with our dentist in Oak Cliff and take the next step toward perfectly straight teeth, don’t hesitate to contact us! If you’d prefer to do a bit more research before reaching out, then keep reading for the answers to a few frequently asked questions we hear from patients.
Is Invisalign Treatment Painful?
Any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign, is bound to come with some discomfort. After all, the aligners are designed to exert pressure on your teeth to gradually move them into their new position – so some soreness is completely natural! With that being said, Invisalign in Oak Cliff is designed with comfort in mind. While you may experience some irritation upon starting a new phase of treatment, the sensation typically wears off within a few days.
Will My Speech Be Affected by My Invisalign Aligners?
To form words, your tongue makes a series of distinct movements against the back of your teeth. So, while many patients don’t experience any difficultly enunciating, others have a bit of a learning curve. Fortunately, this is usually short-lived, lasting only a few days. Plus, you can speed up the process by reading aloud and practicing the more difficult words repeatedly.
Can I Chew Gum While Wearing My Invisalign Aligners?
No. To preserve their shape and keep your aligners in place, you should not chew gum while your trays are in. They should also be removed when you complete your oral hygiene routine, eat, and drink. To ensure you stay on track with your treatment plan, you should keep your aligners in otherwise (between 20 and 22 hours each day is recommended).
How Should I Clean My Invisalign Aligners?
Cleaning your aligners is an essential part of keeping them clear and discreet. To prevent staining, make sure to rinse them thoroughly after removing them from your mouth and before putting them back in place. You should also wash them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and lukewarm water or an Invisalign-friendly cleaner daily to keep them free of plaque, food particles, and bacteria. A few additional best practices include keeping them in a designated storage case while you eat (instead of placing them on the table or a countertop) and prioritizing your at-home dental care for your teeth and gums.
Ready to take the next step toward straight teeth? Couldn’t find the answer you were looking for here? Then now is the time to get in touch with our team. We can’t wait to help you achieve your dream smile!